for cafes, restaurants and caterers
“In the UK, it is estimated that 1-2% of adults and 5-8% of children have a food allergy. This equates to around 2 million people living in the UK with a food allergy and this figure does not include those with food intolerances. Around 10 people die from allergic reactions to food every year.” Food Standards Agency
When you are responsible for someone living with multiple food allergies, eating out can be limiting, and sometimes rather stressful. However, when restaurants get it right, diners will go again and again – because it is the relaxing, social experience that we should all be able to enjoy. Quite simply, those restaurants gain their loyalty. And you can see from the explosion of options in the free-from aisles that this is a booming industry.
“We estimate that UK food service operators could attract an additional market worth £300 million a year” Allergy UK
If you run a food establishment, perhaps you can identify with some of the issues below:
- have you noticed that the number of customers with food allergies is increasing?
- are you having more requests for vegan food than you did even 2 years ago?
- are you finding that kitchen staff are having to spend more time tailoring dishes to accommodate your customer’s needs?
Pure Family Food offers the following:-
- review menus and allergen information
- provide suggestions for quick and easy swaps that would not impact the integrity of the dish, but would reduce the allergens
- supply allergen-free recipes ideas, if required
- develop marketing campaigns to attract a new following of incredibly loyal customers